Saturday, June 27, 2009
6/27/09. It has been a fun Saturday today. With no moves or other service projects to pull me away, and no out-of-town excursions, we were able to spend the whole day together as a family. After a delicious breakfast, we all got to work cleaning the house and tackling other jobs on the "to do list." The girls did a great job cleaning floors, bathrooms, unloading the dishwasher, etc. Cleaning was coupled with occasional outbursts of singing and dancing, as fifties' music played. Soon thereafter, I sat down with the girls and read them a couple of articles from the new Ensign magazine. Later in the day, the family headed to Redrock (for the first time) where we drove along a beautiful scenic loop and did a one mile hike. While there, we enjoyed a delicious afternoon snack which included kool-aid, sandwiches and fresh fruit. On the way home, we stopped by Fresh & Easy (a grocery store) and picked up a couple of groceries. Then, we made and ate homemade pizza and breadsticks for dinner and had popsicles for dessert. While dinner was in the oven, we tried out a toy we got for Christmas but hadn't yet opened. Then, to conclude the day, I took my two oldest daughters on a bike ride where Emma was able to try out her new (used) bike. The day is now spent but we have a mostly clean house and warm loving feelings abound. I love days like this where the family can just be together and enjoy one another -amidst work and play. I feel profoundly grateful for my children and my wife and look forward to spending an eternity with them. -- Joseph
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun day! Hiking is always top on our list for family days. :)
Wow! I love those kinds of days. You do have the best wife ever Joe!!!!!!!
Post a Comment