Friday, September 11, 2009

New House

We've somewhat suddenly found ourselves as purchasers-to-be (we're currently in escrow) of another, larger home. We have long wished we could take advantage of the buyer's market here in Vegas, but had abandoned the idea until quite suddenly everything has come together (at least so far). Here are some specs and pictures: 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath, 4979 sq ft, 3 car garage, .18 acre lot, a large kitchen, and 4 living spaces (front room, family room, basement, and loft). It also has cold storage. It is extremely rare to find basements in Vegas, so for us it is a real bonus.

Entry, looking towards the front of the house.

Front living room (step down) to the left of entry as you walk in.

Dining area at the back end of the front room.

Stairs and entry to kitchen towards the back of the house (standing in dining). The stairs are about 5 ft wide, which is nice.


Kitchen (right side, to back of house)


Kitchen (left side, towards front of house)

From kitchen looking towards step-down family room.
Family room, with wet bar at the other end (won't that be handy!).
Family room, looking towards back yard.
Back yard.
These are only of the main floor, I'll post the upper floor and basement pictures later. This a foreclosure so there is a lot of work to be done, which I am excited about because I love being able to make it my own. It will take some time though, with the baby coming, and paying down debt to free up the funds for upgrading. But meanwhile, we won't be growing out of this one any time soon!

10 comments:

Sharlee said...

Wow! It is so beautiful! But, I bet it won't stay all white for long... you'll have some creative ideas for it!

Abby said...

Nice. How exciting! You'll have to post pictures when you start making changes. I love what you did with your current place too.

Michelle said...

How wonderful! I hope it all works out. How are you feeling?

The Doig family said...

Lots of potential! It's huge! Can't stop thinking about you guys all day. I hope things work out for the best!

Haylee said...

Thanks Everyone! I really wish I could get started making changes right away but it's going to take awhile to afford all I want to do. The best thing is the potential that the house has. I think ultimately I prefer having a foreclosure like this because then I don't feel guilty about ripping out new stuff that I just don't like. In this case, it needs to be changed anyway. But as I was saying, I have to be patient. It is going to be a big job - 7.5 months pregnant by the time we close and having to clean BOTH houses and move everything...

Russell Family said...

Wow, it sounds huge and great!! :) I can definitely see some serious potential there. Congrats, you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hi you guys. This house looks wonderful. I love the dining room and how it is raised from the front living room. The columns add fun character. Good luck with everything.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Haylee!

SUSIE E. STOUT said...

I'm so excited about the house and hope it works out, plus I just love watching what you do to it to make it so much better. Daniel said he'll provide the virgin strawberry daquiri's for your wet bar! :) When your ready for some remodeling we'll come down a weekend and put some of Daniel's skills to work just say the word. And I can help too but Addy will probably undo anything I help with so maybe Lillie will have to come to watch kids :)

MaryAnn said...

congratulations. It looks like a beautiful house. We need to come visit you guys again.