Wednesday, January 26, 2011
A trip to Urgent Care
I really hate taking my kids to the doctor. Five out of six times they can't tell me anything I don't already know. But this morning Bella's breathing was just too scary so I called Joe home from work (at 6 am) and took her in to Urgent Care. Her oxygen levels were at 88% so they gave her a breathing treatment and a steroid, which she responded to quickly. Xrays showed a general cloudiness of the lungs, which the doctor tells me is better than a centralized concentration. That would be an indication of pneumonia or other bacterial infection. So in an effort to prevent that from developing, we're getting a nebulizer today and putting her on 3 presriptions. I hate to have all the hassle and insurance issues but I'm grateful for modern medicine, as imperfect as it is, so that my baby can breathe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Breathing problems like that are scary. I had to take my son in a few weeks ago for something similar. Yes, insurance and co-pays are a pain, but it's work it for the peace of mind of an easy breathing baby! Hope all goes well with her!
I hope she gets better soon! I'm glad you were able to get her to a doctor and get her help! Good luck! I hope you can both get some sleep!
Both David and Adam have had to be on breathing treatments, you were smart to take her in-better safe than sorry. Hope she gets to breathing easier:)
Post a Comment