Monday, October 17, 2011

Mom's Kitchen Remodel - the Before and After

Earlier this spring, mom asked me about remodeling her kitchen. After nearly 15 years in actual time, and probably closer to 30-40 years of wear and tear, it definitely needed some work. When mom put the kitchen together, there was no budget. All the cabinets were picked up new and used at next to nothing prices. She had about 7 different sets of cabinets, put side by side and painted to "match." She found laminate countertops to put over the top to pull them all together. The best thing about the kitchen, which we didn't touch, was the hardwood floor. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of good before pictures, but you'll get the idea: seafoam green paint with a wallpaper border, mismatched painted cupboards (some with pulls, some without), and the laminate countertops. So, without further ado - The BEFORE and AFTER (in another post, I'll add pictures of the work in between w/some more detail).






















2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so happy for your mom! It all looks GREAT! I still can't believe that 12 of you lived in such a small trailer. How are you feeling?

Alana said...

holy crap! that looks AMAZING!