Thursday, January 14, 2010
Emma's Baptism and Bella's Blessing
The weekend of January 2nd was a busy one for us. On Saturday, Emma was baptised and on Sunday Isabella was blessed. None of my family were able to make it due to my brother Ben's wedding reception and other obstacles, but many of Joe's family were there, which we were grateful for. Joe's dad confirmed Emma a member of the Church and gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost. Isabella was given the name Isabella Carma Prete, the middle name is after her grandmother, Carma Prete. When I was shopping for these two dresses, I was reminded of the song about 3 white dresses. The song, in my mind, is a bit cheesy, but I was a bit sentimental to think that the next white dress we buy probably will be a wedding dress (especially since I'm such a spendthrift and am planning on these dresses to last for all the following baptismal occasions that we have - and any blessings too, of course). While that purchase is many years down the road, I am realizing that it will come much more quickly than I would like it to.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a wonderful, yet busy, weekend for your family! Your girls look beautiful!
Beautiful girls, beautiful dresses. I remember you, Haylee in a white dress, too, what seems like not that long ago...How time flies. I wish we could have been there.
How pretty! We were glad we were able to make it!
They both look so angelic. By the way...we have been inspired by Emma reading the Book of Mormon before she got baptized. Wesley has started reading. He just finished 1st Nephi...we'll see how it goes!
HI
I was trying to find your email and couldn't, but wanted to let you know I can make the ABC books for you. I can email you the details, let me know if you're still interested...
chanelkathleen@gmail.com
THANKS!
PS Your daughters are BEAUTIFUL! congratulations!
Post a Comment