the Book of Mormon once in the year, while devouring whole books in a day or two. So, I set the goal for reading the Book of Mormon all in December. It was a real challenge, but I did it. Now my approach is to read six pages per day, for me a really do-able amount, which will get me through it four times this year. I realize though that it isn't the number of times we "get through it" but rather that the pattern is being set for habitual studying of the scriptures and that we are actually gleaning those things we need from them.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Women's Conference
This morning I went to a really fabulous Stake Women's Conference. They had 12 different classes to choose from, kind of like a mini Education Week or Women's Conference at BYU. I attended one on Scriptures, one on Marriage, and the third was on the Temple. I took a couple of gems away from each one, hopefully to incorporate into my life. I don't think I heard anything new, just reminded of old things now seen in a different light. In the last several months I think the Lord has been teaching me the importance of daily scripture reading. In October or November of last year as I found myself engrossed in various books for the book club I'm part of, I found myself reading a quick chapter or two of the Book of Mormon so that I could assuage the guilt before diving back into my novel. At that point, I had only barely finished
the Book of Mormon once in the year, while devouring whole books in a day or two. So, I set the goal for reading the Book of Mormon all in December. It was a real challenge, but I did it. Now my approach is to read six pages per day, for me a really do-able amount, which will get me through it four times this year. I realize though that it isn't the number of times we "get through it" but rather that the pattern is being set for habitual studying of the scriptures and that we are actually gleaning those things we need from them.
the Book of Mormon once in the year, while devouring whole books in a day or two. So, I set the goal for reading the Book of Mormon all in December. It was a real challenge, but I did it. Now my approach is to read six pages per day, for me a really do-able amount, which will get me through it four times this year. I realize though that it isn't the number of times we "get through it" but rather that the pattern is being set for habitual studying of the scriptures and that we are actually gleaning those things we need from them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment