Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2441 Sun Shores Drive

Joe and I bought our first home three years ago at the end of December 2005 at 2441 Sun Shores Drive in Las Vegas, Nevada. I hope my kids will have the same great memories of this house that I have of my first homes in Hurricane. I especially loved the house at the dairy. We played in the stalls of the various corrals, jumped off haystacks, and hid in all of the many nooks and crannies of the house. There was a hidden passageway from the closet under the stairs into the den. In my older brother Mark's bedroom closet there was a slanted wall that we used as our slide. Then there was a crawl space way up high between the two bedrooms at the end of the hall. What a great childhood I had!

When Joe and I found our house it was definitely the fixer-upper we were looking for - a good sized home in a great neighborhood that we could do whatever we dreamed of with. Here are a few images that our appraiser took before we bought it:



This is the main living area with your back to the door, looking into the formal dining and kichen area. That's Sara with her frizzy hair - so small! This is how the house showed, not a big surprise it was on the market for over a year, is it?


One of the things we loved about the house is how open and airy it feels with its high ceilings. These are looking up at the catwalk that connects the master with the other bedrooms upstairs and the stairs from the dining area.



The kitchen and bathrooms needed pretty serious help.








The yards took a lot of work as well. And we didn't have a lot of time with spring just around the corner!





In the next post or two I want to record what we've done over the last three years. I've discovered a handyman in myself that I never knew existed. I think that if I wasn't a full time mom right now, I would love to renovate homes.

No comments: