Friday, May 22, 2009
The first ultrasound
...confirms that the due date is December 7 and that there is only one little one in there... a very active little one. It was doing all sorts of wiggling while we watched. Too soon to tell the gender, but Joe is set on not finding out this time anyway.... We'll see. So, we're a few days away from twelve weeks and everything looks great so far. I've never had an ultrasound this early in the pregnancy - in the past the doctors have always waited until about 18 weeks, and then it was only one per pregnancy. But, I guess it's becoming common to do more than one these days, even when it isn't high risk. Has that been other people's experience? The only one I've ever had more than one with was Olivia when there was some concern about the development of one of her heart chambers, which then turned out fine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so glad that everything looks good! My doctors don't normally do more than the 20 week ultrasound - but my last 2 I have had them around 9 weeks (I had a miscarriage before #4 and was worried). Good luck - I hope all goes well and you feel good!
I ended up with 4 u/s with Catherine. One at about 7 weeks to date the pregnancy, one at around 12 weeks b/c they couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler, one at 19 weeks for the gender/standard, and another at 38 weeks b/c I was measuring big and they wanted to check amniotic fluid levels. Normally, my doc only does the 2 - one the date the pregnancy and one at 18-20 weeks.
Glad everything looks good so far!
Congratulations! I've already had to have 3 ultrasounds besides the "official" one but that's because we needed to make sure the baby was okay after some problems that I was having. It's always cool to actually see the baby. I know it's helped Matt feel like he's more involved!
Hope you get your boy this time! Keep us posted!
Yea for you! Congratulations! 5 scares me to death!
Congratulations! It is great to see the baby. I have always had just one ultrasound. Until this pregnancy. So far I have had two and have another one scheduled for 23 weeks. Glad you could peek at you baby! Good luck five.
Post a Comment